Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SHANGRI-LA SINGAPORE

time really flies, it flies to fast without you realising it. it's been 3 weeks since i worked at Shangri-La Singapore, time was hard and i met many many new people. i was attached to the Cold Kitchen, i thought it was like the end of life, cause i always pray that i don't go in there and look at fruits and vegetables all day. BUT! I WAS WRONG! Garde Manger(cold kitchen) is the core of the food supply, inside the cold kitchen, we have the aunties doing the fruits for The Line(buffet Station) and us, doing the fruits platter, sandwiches, cold cuts, finger food, and many many more. we have to get ready the mis en place(items to be pack or set up ready for later or tomorrow) for later or tomorrow. ALL THE CHEF IN THE SMALL CONFINE AREA, WORKS AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING, we have Chef Bernard(Sous Chef 54) who cuts fruits or whatever at the speed of i don't know how to explain. it's so fast! and Chef Christopher(Sous Chef 26-28) do things so fast, that the item he want's to do is done in a flash. and 2 chef de partie, Jo(27) And Jin Bin(30), they are very fast at work also, very fast! and cook 2(rank) Thomas And Thena, heard that Thena(27) learn things very very fast and he works very fast also, Thomas(21-22), the Ang Mo type one, works fast, but not as fast the others i mentioned but still very very fast!!! and the rest of them are like Filipino workers, just join SLS(shangri-la sg) 2-3months ago.
And i have NikSon with me, we are from the same class, he tells me joke everyday, making me laugh like mad and stuff. he smokes! :(
i love talking to chefs, they tell me what they have done in the past and say not to worry, i have a long way ahead of me.
I WANT TO BE A SUCCESSFUL CHEF AND TELL MY TALES TO THE YOUNG ONES IN THE FUTURE!

i don't regret joining SLS and getting into the cold kitchen.
I'm not perfect, but i'm doing my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment